Friday, 30 July 2010

Friday 30th July 2010 11:00

Have just been visited by the neurolog and a dr. The Neuro man confirms that the pictures are not very clear as to the type of cell it is and they are going to have to go in to my head. I will be seeing some surgeons next week probably and it could take over two weeks before anything happens. So I am sitting here on my bed at Söder Hospital, waiting to get medicine to take home and some prescriptions. I will be checking out and eventually checking in at Karolinska Neurological Clinic in Solna, Stockholm when  its time for the "drilling" Needless to say, this fills me with a certain amount of anxiety but everyone says they are extremely clever and its nothing to worry about..really. But its my bloody head and i dont want to lose my speech, sight etc etc. I miss my Mini Cooper and the though of never being able to drive again is not nice. After all, I've been on the road since 1971.

Anyway, they have said I can drink beer and have a bar-b-q and do as normal, despite the cortison treatment. So tomorrow afternoon I'm going to an English Garden Party with my GF after being told about it by my English friend, Sandra.

I only hope the cortison take the water from the tumour so my eyes work again and I dont lose my license.

No comments:

Post a Comment